- Get your self a natural castile soap. Like for example the “Olive only” https://blog.on-earth.one/recipes-personalcare/soaps/olive-oil-soap/
- Rasp it in a cheese-crater. Weigh it.
- Place the crated soap in a ben mari a double boiler or a crockpot to warm it up slowly and melt it.
- Add its weight in rubbing alcohol. So if you have lets say 200gr soap, add 200gr rubbing alcohol. Have some more because you might need to add some extra. What alcohol does is to brake down the long chains of a soap made of NaOH (Natrium lye).
- PLEASE HAVE THE PLACE YOU ARE WORKING WELL AERATED. AND PLEASE NO OPEN FIRES – CIGARETTES WOOD-STOVES OR SUCH.
- Blend and stir until the alcohol is evaporated.
- Add water until the desired consistency is achieved.
- To each bottle of 200-250 ml add a couple of TS of almond oil and the essential oil / scent of your choice!
- Essential oils have all their therapeutic tone so choose the one which fits your hairtype.
- Finished! Enjoy!
Its easier if you have bought, made or came across KOH soap (https://blog.on-earth.one/recipes-personalcare/soaps/oldfashioned-softsoap/), which is not solid and the molecule chains are short so you dont need the alcohol trick!!
Buy your chunks of castile soap here: https://blog.on-earth.one/recipes-personalcare/soaps/base-soap/
and your soft soap here: https://blog.on-earth.one/recipes-personalcare/soaps/oldfashioned-softsoap/!