A “masterplant”, plantago major/plantago lanceolata, or plantain in plain English, groblad in Nowegian and Wegerich in German.
This is a wonderful weed, which heals at least 10 serious ailments. I have made many people happy with that salve, and I hope there will be many more =)
This plant you can find almost everywhere, especially where there are a lot of people. The indigenous people of North America call it “the white-mans foot” because the seed stick on the shoe-soles and so we spread them. There is a certain logic in finding find the plant whereever you find humans, since it is so useful for us.
My salve is very simple, though very powerful.
HERE IS HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Pick only the freshest and greenest leaves.
2. Wash well in cold water and air dry them. This takes about 5-6 hours.
3. Heat 1 liter of olive oil (not fry!!) + 1 liter finely chopped fresco-picked
plantago major (coarse leaf). Do not use the the blender, the plant is too fibrous and you wont be able to filter it because of the mashed material.
4. Mix 1L oil together with 1L plantago and keep it warm either in the oven or in a water bath at 40-45C ° for approx two days. The useful substances will be drawn out of the leaves.
5. Strain the plant material and compost the rest.
6. Melt about 40-60gr wax, that is possible that if you use beeswax then you will need more.
7. Mix the melted wax with some of the oil (but hotter than 40 ° because this way they mix best). When the first mixture is done, work in the rest of the (cooler) oil.
8. Store in glass hooks and dark and cold. The BB is more than a year!!
Use it for :
- Itching places
- Fungal, bacterial and yeast infections
- Skin rashes
- Muscle pain, pain in general
- Bites and stings
- Bleeding (stopping)
- Skin infections
- Allergic rinitis
- Heavy mucus
- Infectious ailments related to the respiratory, urinary, and digestive tracts
- Eye infections
- For heavy tired feet – some leaves in your shoes!
PRICE: 110 NOK/ 25gr 220 NOK / 50gr