Baking soda creamy deodorant
This is a very simple and very effective deodorant recipe without a antiperspirant effect. This is important because we people sweat to get rid of unwanted substances and toxins in our body. By blocking this you can become seriously ill. I used this deo in Africa and during hard work, and it works!!
Here it is:
- Baking Soda
- Corn Starch
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Butter
- Vitamin E Tablets (optional)
- Essential Oil (optional)
- Small Jar
You simply put all of the ingredients into a benmari or a double boiler and warm the ingredient until everything has melted and combined and stir. Don’t put the Vitamin E Tablets or the Essential Oil though yet. When everything is one I added the Vitamin E and essential oils, poured it into the half pint jar and let it sit overnight.
You may have an issue with itching so HERE is alternative deodorant.
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup food grade diatomaceous earth (where to buy food grade diatomaceous earth) or bentonite clay
- 7-9 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Follow the same melting procedure as above.
And another one baking soda-free from “The everything and soap blog”.
Lime liquid deodorant
This one has become my very favorite!
1. You smash/quizen or just juice two whole limes with their seeds and peel, and collect the juice
2. You keep the juice in a dark jar in your bathroom or in the fridge (cold temperatures extend the life).
3. Use a cottonpad to apply to your armpits.
1. Do not sunbathe after application, citrus fruits have psoralen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoralen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoralen) which makes the skin photosensitive, might get a sunburn!
2. Do not use on freshly shaved armpits!! Au!
3. Let dry before you put clothes on.