Follow the instructions on this video:
Homemade Coconut Oil Sunscreen Recipe by Jessica Espinoza at Delicious Obsessions
I found this recipe at: http://www.realfarmacy.com/diy-non-toxic-full-spectrum-coconut-oil-sunscreen/ and i have tried an easier version.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup sesame or jojoba oil
- 2 tbsp. beeswax granules
- 1-2 tbsp. zinc oxide powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. red raspberry seed oil 20-30 drops
- carrot seed essential oil
- Essential oils of your choice (lavender, rosemary, vanilla, and/or peppermint are nice)
1. Using a double boiler (or a small pan over very low heat), melt your coconut oil, sesame or jojoba oil, beeswax, and shea butter together. The beeswax will be the last to melt.
2. When the beeswax is melted, remove the mixture from the heat and let cool to room temperature. If you’re using zinc oxide, whisk it in at this point, being careful not to create a lot of dust. If there are some lumps, that’s OK. They will break up when you whip the body butter in step 4.
3. Move the mixture to the fridge for 15-30 minutes. You want it to start to set up, but still be soft enough to whip.
4. Take the mixture out of the fridge and using a stand mixer or hand mixer, start to whip it. Drizzle in the red raspberry seed oil, the carrot seed oil, and any essential oils of your choice, and continue whipping until the mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Use as you would any regular sunscreen. Application rates will depend on your activity and exposure to water. Store in a glass container in the fridge between uses.
Have fun in the sun!